Blue Knob Resort

Mountain bikers stand on a grassy field atop a mountain

Blue Knob All Seasons Resort is the highest skiable mountain with the most challenging slopes and longest runs for skiers and snowboarders in Pennsylvania. This same mountain turns into an awesome playground for mountain bikers when the snow melts. The mountain bike optimized trails here are rocky and challenging but still have good flow. There are tough climbs and fun downhills to complement the numerous rock gardens. You can start your ride at 3146 feet, the second highest point in PA, and enjoy the spectacular views from the top of the Allegheny Front. For a shorter ride with less climbing you can park near The Clubhouse and enjoy food and beverages there after the ride.

All of the trails are marked and signed. You can follow the black arrows on the signs for an advanced loop or the blue arrows for an intermediate loop.

The trails at Blue Knob State Park are easily accessible from the Resort trails. If you want a longer and even more advanced ride you can ride the trails at the state park, too.

You can bring the family here to enjoy other activities including hiking, golf and swimming.

Under the leadership of Mark Taylor, 75% of the trails now at Blue Knob Resort were built by LHORBA volunteers and the other 25% were improved. LHORBA also did all of the signage and trail marking.

Join the Club!

Outreach. Excitement. Diversity.


Join a group of other bike junkies and raise the fun bar!  LHORBA is a great example of what bike clubs can and should be.  It's full of bike-loving, fun, enthusiastic, happy people wanting to connect with other club members on fun-filled rides.  When you join LHORBA, you become a part of the area's premier cycling organization with access to events, information, and a network of like-minded cylists.